February 14, 2011

Miles - Six months

On January 12, Miles had his half birthday (six months old). At his six month check-up he weighed 20 lbs. 4 oz. (85%) and was 30 1/4 inches long (99%). Everyone keeps asking what Miller's stats were at 6 months so, here you go. Miller weighed 17 lbs. 8 oz and was 28 inches long. To put it in perspective, Miles is 1 inch longer at six months than Miller was at 9 months. Yep, Miles is a big boy. He's in 18 month clothing. I think Jud is still estimating that he will be 6'8".

I took Miles to Picture People in the mall just to get some cheap 6 month pictures snapped. I think they turned out pretty cute. Here's what we got:




He's changed a lot and doesn't look as much like his brother as he did when he was a newborn.

He still only has two teeth, but has learned to love meal time. I decided to make his baby food. I didn't even give it a thought with Miller, but it is so easy. No, really it is easy. I'm buying the rice cereal and oatmeal, but so far I've made the following:
Bananas (likes)
Butternut Squash (loves)
Acorn Squash (loves)
Avocado (doesn't really like)
Pears (loves)
Carrots (loves)
Green Peas (loves)

I'm making Sweet Potatoes this week. He doesn't seem to get as much variety as Miller did, but it's much healthier and cheaper.

No comments: