February 2, 2011

Hello Chicago, 2011 and Rose Bowl Champs!

First, I'm so sorry that it takes me so long to post. We had a busy January.

The whole Argue clan went to Chicago to celebrate New Years and my Dad's birthday. We went to visit the Biddles, our best family friends, who live just outside the city in St. Charles. On New Years Eve, Jud, Miller, Evan, Blake and I took the train into the city for the day. The weather wasn't bad for Chicago, but it was a little rainy.

Miller and I on the train. He had so much fun on the hour long ride.

We went straight to the Aquarium and after waiting in line for about 45 minutes to get tickets we had a great time exploring until...

We were waiting in line to see the Dora 4-D movie and decided to have a little snack. Jud and I were eating Granola Nut Clusters and Miller was begging for a bite. As mentioned in my November Fall Festival post, we had figured out that Miller is allergic to pistachios. The clusters didn't contain pistachios so I gave Miller a small piece of granola (against Jud's advice). I should of listened to Jud. Within two minutes, Miller was puking all over the aquarium. Poor guy handled it really well. He was even crying once we made it to the bathroom. I wasn't quite sure what to do. I didn't have any Benadryl and I didn't think he needed the Epi Pen. Jud walked around and asked about 15 different families if they had any Benadryl and a super sweet family did and gladly shared. After about 20 minutes, he was fine and never had a hard time breathing, but it's scary none the less. We have now been to the allergist and he is very allergic to pistachios and cashews (yep - the best tasting nuts). We have decided we are just going to try to avoid tree nuts in general and now we carry Benadryl wherever we go.

After the episode, we decided to leave the Aquarium and we headed to Gino's East to experience Chicago style deep dish pizza.

We chose this place because it was on Man vs. Food (one of our favorite shows).

We took the Man vs. Food recommendation and got the Meaty Legend. Yes, it was amazing! Like a meat explosion in your mouth.


Outside Gino's East stuffed.

Miller had a long day in the city and passed out on the train ride home.

That night we stayed at the Biddle's and had a great dinner, played games, celebrated JoJo's birthday and welcomed the New Year!

Donna got this great cake for JoJo's birthday - so cute and yummy!

On New Year's Day we had so much fun watching TCU win the Rose Bowl! It was a bummer not to be at the game, but we are so proud of our Frogs!

No comments: