August 5, 2012

Galveston

I'm way behind on posting.  I'll just blame it on a crazy busy summer.  We are currently in Durango for almost a month and I finally found some computer time.  We are having a great trip and the weather is fabulous (minus a few needed afternoon rain showers).  

In mid June we were invited to a friends (Gabe) birthday party in Galveston.  We decided this was a great opportunity to make the hour drive to the beach.  The party was at Gabe's grandparents house on the bay side.  Of course it was a pirate theme and the boys loved every minute.  Party highlights included: baby pool, blow-up pirate ship pool, slip-n-sliding, finding a baby frog and playing with him in the baby pool and a water balloon fight.

Miles pretty much stayed in the pool the whole time we were there.
 
 Miller's first water balloon fight.  They found a company that filed and delivered the balloons.  I'm pretty sure they had over 500 balloons.
Miller nailing Jud with a balloon.
 They set up a tent at the beach (3 min away) for anyone that wanted to head over.   We went over there for about an hour and a half after the party.  The boys absolutely loved it and didn't want to get out of the ocean.   



We really should take advantage of being so close to the beach.  It may not be the prettiest beach, but the boys loved it and it's only an hour away.  Maybe next summer we can rent a beach house for a long weekend.

No comments: