October 6, 2010

Hunting?

I'm not a huge fan of hunting, but living in Texas it's everywhere. I've explained to Jud that he already has two hobbies that take a lot of money and time away from the family (golf and cycling) and that adding another (hunting) to the mix just isn't going to happen. However, I am ok with him going on one or two trips a year. He was invited down to the King Ranch by a bank they do business with and Jud, Jimmy and Key all went on the two night boondoggle. They hunted quite a bit of dove and I'm looking forward to some bacon-wrapped dove in the future.

Jud shot a wild hog that was roughly 200 pounds. So stinkin' ugly.

Jimmy and Key each shot a Nilgai which is in the antelope family, but is also compared to a cow. They are apparently really fast.

No comments: