June 22, 2012

Vegas Baby...

Every year Jud goes to Vegas for a Real Estate conference in May.  Since it was the week after our ten year anniversary, I joined him this year.  Jud, don't forget, we still have a big ten year anniversary trip to go on at some point.

We stayed in a suite at the MGM Grand.  These rooms had just been renovated and were super nice.
I was there for three nights, which is about as much Vegas as you can take.  The first night we went to the Wynn and had dinner before we went to the show Le Reve.  Between dinner and the show we walked around the hotel and saw Dirk Nowitzki and Mark Cuban playing blackjack.  Jud made me take a picture with Dirk (I hate doing things like that).  They were both really nice, but Cuban wouldn't take a picture.
Le Reve.  If you like Cirque du Soleil, you will love this show.  I highly recommend it! Jud took this picture after the show ended since you couldn't take pictures during the show.
We went on a long walk down the strip one morning.  Of course we had to stop and eat at the famous Fat Burger.  It was really good.
We had a super nice anniversary dinner at Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio.  That place is so good and of course you pay for it.  We just couldn't get over how expensive Vegas is.  At dinner we sat at a table next to John Fox (the new head coach of the Denver Broncos) and Mike Shanahan (former head coach of the Broncos and now the head coach of the Washington Redskins). John Fox is loud and obnoxious, but very entertaining.
Prime gave us free passes that let you skip the line at the night club Hyde.  While it was fun, we were to old and conservative to be there.  Here is the club scene.  Look at the couple on the front right and the dancer in white.
Jud took a picture of the dancer up close as we were walking out.  I just don't get it.  There was another one with a lamp shade over her head and face.  By the way, it took us 15 minutes to get about 20 feet when trying to leave.
The next night all the parties started for Jud's conference and we went to three different ones.  We ended up at a party at Hyde again (one company had rented out the entire club).  It was laid back, not crowded and you got to enjoy the amazing view.  I think a private party at a club is more our speed.
We didn't do a whole lot of gambling while we were there.  We lost about $100 playing War (yes, the game you played when you were a kid).  I love it, but you can win or lose really fast.  We also spent a lot of time at our favorite table...the horse race table at the MGM.  We discovered this table about 10 years ago and to our surprise it was still there.  Apparently, there is only one other of it's kind in Canada.  You bet quarters and play the odds on the five plastic horses that race around this little track.  Silly, but fun!
Jud did play some blackjack after I left to come home, but he didn't lose too much.  We had a great trip and it was so much fun to just hang out as a couple, but I think I've had enough Vegas for a few years.  

No comments: