Easter Week was super busy with all sorts of fun Easter activities. It started with Palm Sunday and Miller walking through church and waving his palm high. I did take a few pictures on my phone, but they didn't turn out well.
Then my Tuesday night girls Bible Study had our second annual Easter egg hunt. Laura hosted this year at her parents house and they even had a train (we piggy backed on another party). Here are all the kiddos of the six of us. It's so hard to believe that when I started going to Bible Study with these girls there was only three tiny babies. What special friends!
The whole gang on the train.
Miles and I on the train. This picture doesn't show how much he loved it. He threw a fit when we had to get off.
The boys school has an Easter parade and the kids all wear their Easter bonnets. For boys that's a little difficult. The last few years, I've just sent him in bunny ears, but this year I decided I was going to make him a hat. I figured Miles could wear it in the future. I took an old dress up cowboy hat and went to town with hot glue. I added grass, eggs, some butterflies, a bunny and a pinwheel at the top. Miller loved it until he tried it on and he said it bothered him. At least he wore it for the parade.
Each child brings a flower to put on the living cross to symbolize Jesus dying on the cross so we can live. I'm not sure if the kids really "get" it, but I love the idea. Then they all have chapel together.
After chapel, Miller's class had an Easter Egg Hunt and special Easter snack.
Here is his class after the egg hunt. They are all so cute and we are going to miss everyone next year. I can't believe after four years, he's graduating from the school. At least Miles has three years left, but it won't be the same without all these friends there.
Then on Saturday before Easter, our church had their Easter Egg Hunt. Here are my three boys all ready to go. They are all wearing their Vineyard Vines shirts.
Donut time!
Miles loved finding eggs (or really just picking them up and putting them in his basket).
He took several breaks from egg hunting to slide down the slide.
Our family.
If only Miller would have smiled.
After the hunt with all their loot. Just what we needed - more candy.


No comments:
Post a Comment